Sunday, 21 October 2007

Peas and Corn Frittata - Indianized


I did not even get a chance to log on into blogger for a while last week...busy was not the word for me...haven't been in touch with anyone at home, a lil bit disturbed with my work at the moment..Have been carrying out just ONE process all the time in the lab...enviromental cycling....cycling the product between extreme temperatures and analysing the behavior of the circuit....Yeekkkk....totally technical...I was warned in the first week of October itself that this month is gonna be one of the toughest months with so many new product launches lined up...But that doesn't seem to be restricting my participation in my fav food blog events...:D, 've been cooking many dishes, taking pictures but I didn't find time to blog the recipes...so on this sunday I would like to blog few of my recipes which I tried in the last couple of weeks...

First one is this Pean and Corn Frittata - for WBB 16. I found the recipe here, but Indianized the recipe to suit our tastes.

Ingredients:

Eggs - 4
Peas - 1/4 cup (boiled)
Corn Kernels - 1/4 cup
Onion - 1 (finely chopped)
Green chillies - 3 (finely chopped)
Crushed Garlic - 1/2 tsp
Crushed Ginger - 1/2 tsp
Coriander - 2 strings (chopped)
Cumin and Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
Oil - 2 Big Tsps

Method:

1. Heat one Tsp of oil in a pan. Add onions, green chillies, crushed ginger and garlic. Roast until the raw smell leaves.
2. Add the boiled peas and corn and cook for 2-3min. Turn of the heat and take this mixture into a bowl.
3. Take another bowl break the eggs and beat thoroughly. Add salt and Garam masala powder, Mix well.
4. Fold in the cooked vegetables into the egg mixture and mix. Do not overmix.
5. In the same pan heat the remaining one Tsp of oil. Pour the Egg-Vegetable mix and spread the chopped coriander on top.
6. Cover the pan and cook on low flame for 6-8 min.
7. Carefully turn to the other side and cook for 3min. Turn off the heat.
8. Cut into wedges and serve hot with ketchup and your favourite bread.

This is my entry to WBB 16, an event hosted by dear Kanchana this October which is created by Nandita of Saffron Trail.

3 comments:

marriedtoadesi.com said...

Thanks for the entry, looks just great!!

Kanchana

Sirisha Kilambi said...

Excellent...Looks so yummy...I want to gulp a piece of it Keerthi :-)

Padma said...

This looks so healthy Keerthi... sounds easy to make than the usual frittata..