Saturday, 19 July 2008

Tandoori Chicken and an award


Yaaaawwwwnnnnnnn! I'm still existing......cooking twice, eating 5 meals and sleeping for more than 8hrs a day...everything is perfectly normal, but somehow I lost interest in food blogging and hence didn't post any recipes for the past couple of months...This Tandoori chicken recipe, one of my friend Vani told me when we visited their home last month...I made it 5 times at home and suprisingly I got it right for the first time itself......yaaaaayyyyyy! This recipe doesn't require any oil and that's the reason why I liked it so much...I've been making it on every sunday for the past 4 weeks :D Didn't get bored yet...

Here goes the recipe,

Ingredients:

Chicken legs - 8
Yogurt - 1 tbsp
Salt - 1tsp (adjust)
Red Chillie powder - 1tsp (adjust)
Garam Masala powder - 2tsp (adjust)
Ginger-garlic paste - 2tsp


Method:


1. Clean the chicken legs and using a fork make slits across.

2. Mix all the above ingedients and marinade for atleast 4 hrs (Overnight would be fantastic)

3. Preheat the Oven to 220C

4. Take a baking tray, place an aluminium foil and neatly arrange all the legs side by side.

5. Place the tray in the oven and bake for 45min. In between turn the legs once.

6. Check if the chicken is properly cooked. If not bake till done. Don't let it burn.

7. Serve as a starter with salad or as a sidedish. We normally eat with rasam or sambar and rice :)


And now coming to the award, I've been given "Yummy Blog Award" by one of our dear friend of Andhra Flavors....I do not know if I really deserve this, being a lazy and irregular food blogger...it's so kind of her to think of me....Many many thanks for passing this award to me dear :) Sorry I've acknowledged this very late...


I'm now passing this award to Amu, Priya, Usha and Shruthi

18 comments:

uvr said...

waawh... thanks for the award....

SA said...

Thanks Keerthi for passing over this award to me

Amu... said...

Keerthulu...Thank You...:-)
This is really sweet of you..

Padma said...

I am gonna try this Sunday, and giving myself a chance not to get bored making it for 4 sunday's in a row like you ;)

This is simply awesome Keerthi! No oil in it ante DH ki inka nachutundi!

btw did u use skinless chicken legs??

Cinnamon said...

Hey Keerths.. have a surprise for you in my Blog.. check out!!!

priya said...

thanq for the award keerthi :)

Shreya said...

Congrats on the award.. the chicken looks yum!:-) great that it does not have oil...

Amu... said...

Hi Keerthulu...How are you???trip baga jarigindaa...
I have a suprise for u in my Blogspot...
http://amusworld.blogspot.com/
Take Care..Amu :-)

Amu... said...

Hi Keerthi...

I have a tiny suprise for you at my Blog...
http://thoughtsofamu.blogspot.com/

Please Check it out...
Thank You...Amu :-)

Praneetha Raghava said...

hello dear..
you have a surprise in my blog. take a look
http://kitchenflavors.blogspot.com/2008/08/my-1st-award.html

Kitchen Flavours said...

Wow Chicken looks gr8. This recipe looks simple. Iam gonna try this out soon.

Divya said...

Beautiful blog. I am a vegetarian myself, but there are a lot of recipes that I could try out in your blog. Great work!

Sagari said...

delecious looking chicken ,yummm

srividya hari said...

ingredients lo 8 leg pieces ani raasi, photo lo 7 eh pettavu. already okati thinesava enti!!!! :-p

LG said...

So..u still exist? Where are youuuu........?

Andhra Flavors said...

congratulations on ur awards. chicken drumsticks looks wonderful

SriLekha said...

it looks yum and delicious!
first time to ur blog and it is too good!
do visit my blog when u find time and join in the savory event going in my blog!

vincent said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM! YUM!.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com