Saturday, 19 July 2008
Yaaaawwwwnnnnnnn! I'm still existing......cooking twice, eating 5 meals and sleeping for more than 8hrs a day...everything is perfectly normal, but somehow I lost interest in food blogging and hence didn't post any recipes for the past couple of months...This Tandoori chicken recipe, one of my friend Vani told me when we visited their home last month...I made it 5 times at home and suprisingly I got it right for the first time itself......yaaaaayyyyyy! This recipe doesn't require any oil and that's the reason why I liked it so much...I've been making it on every sunday for the past 4 weeks :D Didn't get bored yet...
Here goes the recipe,
Chicken legs - 8
Yogurt - 1 tbsp
Salt - 1tsp (adjust)
Red Chillie powder - 1tsp (adjust)
Garam Masala powder - 2tsp (adjust)
Ginger-garlic paste - 2tsp
1. Clean the chicken legs and using a fork make slits across.
2. Mix all the above ingedients and marinade for atleast 4 hrs (Overnight would be fantastic)
3. Preheat the Oven to 220C
4. Take a baking tray, place an aluminium foil and neatly arrange all the legs side by side.
5. Place the tray in the oven and bake for 45min. In between turn the legs once.
6. Check if the chicken is properly cooked. If not bake till done. Don't let it burn.
7. Serve as a starter with salad or as a sidedish. We normally eat with rasam or sambar and rice :)
And now coming to the award, I've been given "Yummy Blog Award" by one of our dear friend of Andhra Flavors....I do not know if I really deserve this, being a lazy and irregular food blogger...it's so kind of her to think of me....Many many thanks for passing this award to me dear :) Sorry I've acknowledged this very late...