Saturday 11 August 2007

Penne in Mushroom n Basil White Sauce



After Indian n Mexican cuisines I like Italian food a lot...especially I get attracted to the creamy texture of few pasta recipes...After seeing Cinnamon's Penne recipe, I wanted to try it with my favourite mushroom n Basil Combo...Since this's the first time I was cooking Pasta at home, I searched for a simple, quick way of preparing the pasta sauce...and I found it here


I followed the white sauce recipe as it is, added crushed garlic pods, dried basil and mushroom mix to the sauce and then the pre-cooked Penne..Here goes the recipe...

Ingredients:

Penne - 2 cups (cooked in lightly salted boiling water for 10min and drained)
Milk - 400ml
Plain flour - 1 table spoon
Butter (unsalted) - 1 table spoon
Salt and Pepper - as per taste
Crushed garlic - 1/2 tsp
Basil and Mushroom mix - 1 table spoon (dried) - fresh cut basil and boiled mushroom pieces can be substituted

Procedure:

1. Take a deep bottomed sauce pan, heat the butter in the pan and when it melts add flour and mix well. Cook for 1-2min
2. Now slowly add the milk whilst stirring continously. Let it come to boil.
3. Add the crushed garlic and mix
4. Cook on medium flame for 5-7 min, until the sauce thickens.
5. Add salt and pepper and then the dried basil n mushroom mix to this sauce. Stir continously.
6. Finally add the cooked penne, mix well and simmer for 3-5min.
Tastes great when served hot. I purchased Penne made of durum wheat which has Low GI (Glyceamic Index) and hence good for health....

No comments: