Monday, 5 May 2008
I brought home some oregano for baking and was left with some more of it. So tried this simple recipe and it turned out very fragnant, yummy and appealing...I've used Rosemetta rice, but this can be made with normal sona masoori or basmati rice too...
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
Rosemetta Rice - 1 cup (wash and soak in 4 cups of water)
Oregano - 1 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Black peppercorns - 1/2 tsp
Green chillies - 2 (finely chopped)
Coriander - 2 tsp (chopped)
Salt - as required
Ghee - 2 tsp
1. Take the Rosemetta rice along with the soaked water in a deep bottomed vessel. Cover and bring to boil.
2. When the rice starts to boil, add some salt and cook on medium for 10-12min.
3. Drain the water and spread the boiled rice in a plate (grains should be seperate).
4. In a small kadai, heat the Ghee.
5. Add cumin seeds, peppercorns, green chillies and saute for abt 2min.
6. Add the oregano and chopped coriander, mix well. Cook for about 1min.
7. Turn off the heat and add this mixture to the cooked rice.
8. Mix well and serve with any curry or on its own.