Saturday 2 June 2007

Banana and Dates Cake


My colleague's wife makes delicious Banana bread and the moment I tasted it, I wanted to learn the recipe and make it at home. I didn't have a loaf mould at home and hence I used my cake mould to make a banana cake. I also added dates to the recipe. This was my second baking trial..


Ingredients:


All purpose flour - 1 cup

Bananas - 2 (Ripe) - Mash them to a smooth paste

Dates - 5-6 (make small pieces)

Melted Unstalted Butter - 1 cup

Milk - 1 cup

Baking Powder - 1 Tea spoon

Baking soda - 1 pinch


Method:


Mix all the ingredients (solids first and then liquids(butter, milk) thoroughly to a batter consistency, grease a baking mould with butter sprinkle some flour and pour this batter into the mould and bake it in a pre-heated oven to 200C for about 20 min or until cake is well done. Insert a knife into the cake and pull it. If the knife comes out clean, cake is done. Cool on a wire rack. Reverse the mould onto a plate to seperate plate. I did not do any decorations for I wanted to enjoy it alone without any added flavours.

No comments: