Saturday 2 June 2007

My Baking Spree





A couple of months back, I was head over heels in love with cakes...I didn't prefer to buy a cake off the shelf frm Tesco..I wanted to bake it myself...So on one saturday when Suman was not at home I've started experimenting..here goes my baking spree...


Ingredients:

All purpose flour - 1 cup

Powdered sugar - 1 cup

Unsalted melted butter - 1 cup

Semi-skimmed milk - 1 cup (I preferred this cup measurement because it was easy to remember)

Egg - 1

Vanilla Essence - 1 tea spoon

Baking soda - 2 pinches

Baking powder - 1 tea spoon


For decoration - Whipped cream, chacolate curls, Strawberry flakes and a colored cream cone.


Method:

In a bowl mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and sugar powder thoroughly. In a seperate bowl add milk, egg, vanilla essence and butter and whisk them together. Add this mix to the flour mix and beat thoroughly to a batter consistency. Pour this batter onto a baking mould (greased with butter and little amount of flour sprinkeled) and place it in a pre-heated oven to 200C, bake it for about 20min or until cake is well done (You can check this by inserting a knife into the cake, if the knife comes out clean, cake is done). Cool on a wire rack and reverse the mould onto a plate to seperate the cake. Decorate it with the whipped cream first and then colored cream, decorate with chacolate curls and strawberry flakes.


Start decorating the cake only when it is fully cooled. Orelse the whipped cream loses its nice texture.




No comments: