Tuesday 5 June 2007

Chikkudukaya (Beans) curry



The only recipe I knew of these Beans is the normal fry. Whenever I make this fry recipe Suman complains...He doesn't like any vegetable from the Beans family. So today I wanted to try a different version. He loves gravy curries a lot so I decided to cook these beans in the gravy/sauce/powder. Now comes the question..What do I use to make this Powder? I opened my kitchen shelf and found peanuts and chanadal newly purchased....Couldn't even give a second thought..decided on them...and the curry came out very well...


Ingredients:

Peanuts - 1 table spoon
Chana Dal - 1 table spoon
Red Chillies - 4 or 5
Coriander seeds - 1 tea spoon
(Dry roast all the above ingredients and grind them into a fine powder)

Beans - 2 cups (cut into pieces and pressure cook them in water until 3 whistles and drain)
Onions - 1 large (Sliced into thin pieces)

For Popu/tampering - Jeera/Cumin - 1 tea spoon, Urad dal - 1 tea spoon, mustard seeds - 1 tea spoon, Curry leaves - 10
Oil - 3-4 tea spoons
Salt - as per taste

Method:
Heat oil in a pan and add the popu ingredients. Once the popu is done add onions and saute them for about 5min. Then add salt and the ground spice powder. Mix well and add the beans, cover with a lid and cook on medium flame for abt 5-8 min. Serve hot with Rice.


No comments: