Sunday 3 June 2007

Rava Dosa


This is my instant breakfast recipe....I generally dont prefer to skip my breakfast. Suman often does it during weekdays, which I don't want him to do...I cannot eat bread,cereals for more than once in a week. So I normally store dosa or idli batter in the fridge, which I prepare during the weekends and make dosas or idlis everyday for our breakfast. I've to start for my work place at around 8.30AM, So I'll have ample time during the morning to prepare breakfast.


But at times I feel very lazy to prepare these batters before. So whenever I feel like having a full fledged Indian breakfast and if I dont have any dosa/idli batter I prepare this Rava Dosa. It's very simple and easy to prepare.


Ingredients:

Semolina (Souji) - 2 cups
Curd - 2 table spoons
Ginger/Green chilli paste - 1 small tea spoon
Salt
Water

Method:

Dry roast souji rava in a hot skillet. Take it in a bowl and mix the curd, ginger/green chilli paste and salt. Add water and mix well into a batter of loose consistency. It should be slightly watery when compared to normal Dosa batter. Heat the Dosa pan and put few drops of oil and rub with half-cut onion with its flat surface on the Pan. Take a spoon full of batter and pour it onto the pan into a dosa shape of 10-15 inch diameter. We shouldn't rub this batter from the centre as we do it for a normal dosa. Add a few drops of oil around the dosa and turn it over after a min. Remove it from the pan once the dosa is done.

This tastes good with sambar or peanut/coconut chutney. But I generally prepare this whilst 'm very busy and hence 'll eat it with Coconut-chilli powder (kobbari karam) prepared beforehand with a drop of ghee.

No comments: