Saturday 10 November 2007

Chowmein - express lunch


S doesn't like noodles how so ever they are cooked...So I never make noodles at home...But today I've been to Tesco and happened to see "Amoy - Noodles Straight into the Wok"...seemed to be interesting, so purchased a pack and returned home...The pack says "These precooked noodles can be directly added to your Stir-Fry vegetables and delicious chow mein would be ready in minutes...S was not there for lunch today, So I thought it's the best time for me to enjoy an express lunch with noodles...recipe is so simple...


Ingredients:

Noodles - 1 cup (pre-cooked according to instructions or store bought cooked noodles)
Grated Carrot - 2 table spoons
Green peas - 1 fistfull (frozen) - Soak in hot water for 3-5min.
Onion - 1/2 thinly sliced
Grated ginger - 1 tsp
Crushed garlic - 1 tsp
Ground black pepper - 1/2 tsp
Soy sauce - 2-3 tsp
Oil - 3 tsp
Salt - to taste

Procedure:

1. Heat oil in a wok. Add the crushed ginger and garlic. Saute for 1min.
2. Add the onions and saute for 2-3min.
3. Now add the grated carrot and green peas (without the water). Cook for 2-3min until the raw smell disappears.
4. Now add salt and ground black pepper powder, soy sauce and stir well.
5. Finally add the cooked noodles and stir well. Cook for 3-4min and turn off the heat.
6.Serve hot.


I could not do much experimenting with the photographs as I was so tired today...I know this's not a perfect entry for an event based on photgraphy, but still I'ld like to send this as my entry to Bee n Jai's CLICK EVENT, this month's theme being Noodles...

8 comments:

FH said...

Slurp!! Even after eating all those Diwali goodies,noodles still great to me!:D
Great entry!

bee said...

thanks for your lovely entry. it's a healthy and yummy dish. i have sent you an e-mail re: your entry.

Unknown said...

Yummy yummy.

Rajitha said...

keerthi...looks great :)

Siri said...

Lovely looking noodles dear..:Slurp: :Slurp:

Seena said...

My family loves noodles and I prepare in the same way..YUM.....

Finla said...

Give me a huge plate i love it

Finla said...

Give me a huge plate i love it