Sunday, 13 April 2008
I've made this dish following a Khaana Khazaana kind of program - Aha Emi Ruchi in Mana Telugu TV channel. Tasted so good with rotis, so can't wait anymore to post this here. Thanks to Vijaya Rao (the lady who shares these recipes)...Here goes the recipe (I've used baby corn instead of paneer)
1. Potatoes - 2 (Peel cut into cubes)
2. Baby Corn - 400gm (I used canned babycorn)
3. Onion - 1 large (chopped)
4. Tomatoes - 2 (cut into chunks)
5. Green/Red long chillies - 4 (sliced length-wise)
6. Milk - One cup
7. Garam masala - 1 tsp
8. Salt - to taste
9. Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
10. Cinnamon stick - 1 inch (break into tiny pieces)
11. Black Peppercorn - 10 (optional)
12. Oil - 2 tbsp
1. Take water in pan, add the potato cubes and boil for about 5min. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a wide bottomed kadai. Fry these boiled potato cubes for 5-6min until they turn to light brown in color. Remove the potato cubes and set aside.
3. In the same oil add the baby corn and fry for about 2-3min (you can skip this step). Remove from oil and set aside.
4. Now add the cumin seeds, cinnamon pieces, peppercorn. After 30sec add the onion and chilli pieces.
5. Saute until the onions turn transperent.
6. Now add the tomatoes, salt, garam masala powder and milk.
7. Cover and cook for 5min, till the tomatoes turn soft.
8. Remove the lid and add fried potatoes, baby corn and mix well.
9. Cook for another 2min and turn off the heat
10. Serve hot with Rotis/chapathis