Sunday 21 October 2007

Cooked veggies in Yogurt - My diet meal

After I made my Peas and Corn Frittata, I had some peas and corn kernels left after breakfast. Since we had a heavy breakfast that morning with bread and Frittata, I decided to have something light for my lunch..Flavoured yogurts were always my favourite quick fix snacks...Now a days I started relishing the taste of yogurt with cooked veggies/beans too...chickpeas, rajma and onions sauted in lil olive oil and then mixed with yogurt n salt/pepper is one of my favourite diet meal...Carbs from yogurt, proteins frm rajma, healthy fat frm olive oil everything in a single bowl...This time I tried with peas and corn and it tasted equally delicious...


Ingredients:

Fat free yogurt - 1 cup
Boiled peas - 1/4th cup
Corn kernels - 1/4th cup
Onion - half (chopped finely)
Green chilli - 1 (chopped finely)
Salt - to taste
Lemon juice - 1 tsp
Chopped coriander - 1 large tsp
Olive oil - 2 small tsp

Method:

1. Heat oil in pan. Add the onion and green chilli peices. Saute for 2min.
2. Add the boiled peas and corn. Cook for a couple of min.
3. Add the salt, chopped coriander and mix well. Turn off the heat.
4. Add this cooked mixture to the yogurt and mix well.
5. Serve with lemon juice on top if you like.

This can be served on its own and also goes well with rotis. This's my entry to WYF - What's Your Favourite - Diet Food, an event organised by dear Hima of SnackORama


10 comments:

Rajitha said...

i love eating subjis this way...yummy!

Raks said...

Thanx for this diet recipe...:)I really need this one..:)

Lakshmi said...

That is a healthy way to eat veggies. Great entry.

Hima said...

That looks so lovely. That is also a good way to make children eat their veggies. Thanks for sending this lovely recipe keerthi. See you at round up.

Rohini's kitchen said...

Looks great and healthy too!!

remya said...

Thats a fab healthy meal indeed!!!!
nice entry..

Padma said...

Thats is cool!

Seena said...

Nice entry, Keerthi,.Nowadays can't reach all blogs.Loved the omelette's curry, simply delicious...

AnuSriram said...

Nice idea! Easy to make and healthier too...

Mrs. K said...

Good idea! I have been thinking about dieting too. So, I will keep this in mind. :)